Taking pride in what you did at home or elsewhere? Want to recommend it to others? This is your chance!
By nethercoat
I have 2 teenage girls with latest cameraphones. But they never keep them topped up enough for calls and texts home - to say they'll be late or have missed the bus or whatever. They will always use up their calling time contacting their friends and never have any left for emergencies or important calls home. Of course its always my fault for not giving them enough allowance money! And so we are always worried and angry with them for not being reachable when they need to be. EVERY parent we know reports the same problem.

My solution is a neckworn phone, about the size of a stubby ballpoint, kept inside their shirts, that has just 5 small buttons i.e on, off, speak to home, speak to next door neighbour, speak to emergency services. No dialling pad, no screen no extras at all - just instant (reverse charged) contact with home. They could even be promotional giveways with advertising value.. The technology and the network infrastructure are surely already there. I'm from the UK. WHADDYATHINK??
By Rishi
nethercoat wrote:I have 2 teenage girls with latest cameraphones. But they never keep them topped up enough for calls and texts home - to say they'll be late or have missed the bus or whatever. They will always use up their calling time contacting their friends and never have any left for emergencies or important calls home. Of course its always my fault for not giving them enough allowance money! And so we are always worried and angry with them for not being reachable when they need to be. EVERY parent we know reports the same problem.

My solution is a neckworn phone, about the size of a stubby ballpoint, kept inside their shirts, that has just 5 small buttons i.e on, off, speak to home, speak to next door neighbour, speak to emergency services. No dialling pad, no screen no extras at all - just instant (reverse charged) contact with home. They could even be promotional giveways with advertising value.. The technology and the network infrastructure are surely already there. I'm from the UK. WHADDYATHINK??
Good Idea. It should be possible to enable this on existing systems by software modification. The phone gets locked out for the last five(or whatever number) calls, which can then be made only to the numbers you have mentioned. A similar facility is already available for landlines in parts of India.

Rishi
By xanado
Over here in Portugal, the cell phone companies have come up with a solution for that:

You can send a specific type of sms when you are out of credit, asking to be called back. This sms can be sent to any number in any nacional network.

I can't believe that this is not available in the U.K. specially since you guys are so aware and concerned about child safety.

I would suggest you contact your cell phone company, because if there is such a demand for this service, they will implement it, I mean, this service is great for business, I imagine there are millions of calls that are never made because kinds haven't got credit on their cells.

If they have never thought of this (I'm sure they have) remeber to share their reward! :-D
By Creative
There is a better solution in Saudi Arabia
There is a service called family mobile phone
used for kids and family drivers ( limited usage),
you can call for only 8 numbers you choose…and receive any calls

Perfect one
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games