Obsessed by the improvements of StarTrek and the fourth millennium, while feeling restricted by the limits of today's technology or that boring second law of thermodynamics? Just let your imagination flow - you needn't be Scotty to beam your thoughts in here!
By Alfcon
I have a question and I’m hoping someone can answer it.

If in space you were to run a electric generator, have a gear system connected to it so it can run multiple generators would this be able to produce more electricity than required to run?

On earth NO, due to gravity and friction, but in space the laws of physics are not the same.

Motor on the left, gears to increase the speed and multiple generators on the right.

This could mean that we can have probes that can go on missions that last years in deep space where there is no way to use sola power. We can also use these type of generators to power satellites and the space station, also the proposed moon base.

Reward: to be able to travel in Space.
By Dncan85
There is no perfect vacuum. Also, you have to worry about Solar Storms disrupting your power, just as we sometimes have to shut down satellites to protect them. Just dragging your feet across a carpet and touching the inside of your computer can fry it. In space, without the protection of the earths shield, there are serious complications. But yes, there is a future for this kind of technology. There are also already Meteorologist whose job is watching the 'weather' on the Sun to protect our technology here on earth.

Also, you have to perfect a transmission source, such as microwaves, etc. to beam to the power collectors here on earth.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]