Obsessed by the improvements of StarTrek and the fourth millennium, while feeling restricted by the limits of today's technology or that boring second law of thermodynamics? Just let your imagination flow - you needn't be Scotty to beam your thoughts in here!
By ianheslup
The big problem with magnetic linear propulsion systems is that you usually need a boost to get it started. I am proposing my idea for a part car/part bicycle 0 emission vehicle that can travel 80+mph. The first step is to build a thin "magnetic highway". There needs to be on-ramps and off-ramps just the same as a normal highway. Then the car/bikes need to be built with magnets on the sides of them with opposite polarity as the highway magnets. You may also want to install bumper magnets to help avoid collisions. After the highway is complete and the car/bikes have been built you would have a zero emission vehicle and a very futuristic looking city/world. Note:you would only have to pedal for a short while while entering the on-ramp after that the magnetic propulsion would take over. And I would also recommend off ramps every 2 to 5 miles in the city but maybe every 75-200 miles if you are going interstate commuting.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]