Obsessed by the improvements of StarTrek and the fourth millennium, while feeling restricted by the limits of today's technology or that boring second law of thermodynamics? Just let your imagination flow - you needn't be Scotty to beam your thoughts in here!
By AaronBurns
Never Ending, Self-Replenishing, Source of energy.
Using Compressed Air and a Turbine that is turned by the forward momentum of the vehicle of choice, it would run a pump that made more compressed Air that would then further propel the Vehicle where the cycle of turbine, pump, compression and air compression energy release for forward or reverse momentum starts over again. a kind of perpetual motion machine. Basically the vehicle starts on compressed air which takes a little time on a standard plug or battery and then runs itself on compressed air while making more compressed air with the spin of blades turning by the force of the air created by the forward movement. It would need to be recharged by a small battery charge eventually but, the air compressor would always contain some pressure for movement.

Reward: Credit
By jacobpatrick
this machine would deffinately not work.
quite simply it would be like connecting to fans via a drive shaft and expecting the first fan to drive the second unless there is something i dont understand.
please could you explain in a little more detail thx.
By AaronBurns
Basically, an air powered battery charger. :-D
By jacobpatrick
sorry aaron still not quite understanding this one maybe another lifetime.
By rambam30
well this is a very good method. but it is not never ending. if you could some how re-power the battery at the same time as it is powering the engine and every other part this would be a never ending source of energy. but the question is how powerful would it be? if you or i ever find out lets be sure to post about it. i know i may sound like a nerd but im not. im just looking over the problems. and it sounds really good. keep it up.
By rambam30
rambam30 wrote:well this is a very good method. but it is not never ending. if you could some how re-power the battery at the same time as it is powering the engine and every other part this would be a never ending source of energy. but the question is how powerful would it be? if you or i ever find out lets be sure to post about it. i know i may sound like a nerd but im not. im just looking over the problems. and it sounds really good. keep it up.
if we used water to move it, it could recycle itself many times and never stop. the engines could move the water and be pumped fast enough to replenish the battery for eternity. the water will also keep it from overheating, the water would have to be moving so fast though. with this we may be able to find a better solution. but until then we wont know. this is just an idea who knows weather or not it will be a failure... this is interesting
Using just compressed air and turbine really don't work as I tried out doing that with some modification. Water idea sounds great and you have explained it very well but without experimenting we can't be said anything.
You are right that Without using , We can't say anything. The sounds like spring check out. Because My colleague had tried this combination of compressed air and turbine. He told me that It is totally worst for us. I hope that It would be help so.
By jeffer
Jras wrote:Get this - It's a paradox. it powers itself and another appliance. That's impossible! energy is always transferred. it is extremely difficult to contain energy.
I also wanna mention that if energy can be stored, we must get all types of facility using this energy. :[
Thanks
jeffer
By CheifPRO
Just to put an idea out there. Battery that charges another battery? of course there would be an eventual loss of energy in the recharge but if the power of the first battery was not used not only to charge the other battery but also get help charging the other battery by the forward motion of the car. The first battery would start the car moving but then the forward momentum of the car turning a turbine would help the initial battery to charge the other battery and the process continues to go back and forth. (both batteries would have to be extremely powerful of course)
Here is some physics for you, the original plan for a compressed air driven machine would very much so be a perpetual motion machine. To be precise it would be a perpetual motion machine of the third kind. It is usually (although not always) defined as one that completely eliminates friction and other dissipative forces, to maintain motion forever due to its mass inertia.

Although it is a very good idea there are two types of energy transfer as explained in thermodynamics, I am sure you are familiar that these are work and heat. The first law of thermodynamics states that heat and work are forms of energy transfer. Energy is invariably conserved but the internal energy of a closed system changes as heat and work are transferred in or out of it. So you can never quite get the same amount of energy back, and when you think of heat you could say "well cool it down" you can do this but unless you plan to freeze your vehicle to absolute zero it will always have heat relative and will transfer energy as heat when work is performed, such as forward motion.

There is good news as you could make this system 99.99999% to the nth degree of efficiency and it would seem to be never ending, it would eventually run out as we scientists dont like to consider infinity as a real word haha :-?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]