Obsessed by the improvements of StarTrek and the fourth millennium, while feeling restricted by the limits of today's technology or that boring second law of thermodynamics? Just let your imagination flow - you needn't be Scotty to beam your thoughts in here!
By neduncheralathan
this idea is about travelling from point A to Point B without spending any (new) energy or fuel. meaning using the potential energy we have. Like a in house skater drops of from one edge and rises to the other end.
One should endure to dig a tunnel From .A to .B underneath the earth surface, as though if earth surface projected as a plane the tunnel we dig will be of Parabolic shape. imagine such a tunnel between two points on opposite sides of the earth. just drop in the tunnel with a designed vehicle that would snugly fit the tunnel we could emerge at the other end.

it ll be a costly project but once built it could support fuel less transport.

Obstacles to overcome.
constant shifting of tectonic plates has to be considered
the apex of the tunnel might get closer to earths core
By swimmer
cannot be achieved over long distances ... a deep fall will cause high G foces , that humans cannot resist. A reallly unconfotable ride :p

And for small distances it will be useless ... ( 1000 m )
By DIRNthelord
I like that imagination but let me bring this to another way.You are talking about gravity assisted - underground; how about Gravity Assisted - On the ground? Try A.G. technology - not here yet
By mossitekidgage
Nice idea. But, are you talking about only a few tunnels? Like, maybe to get to one country from another easily? Or just, everywhere?
If everywhere, tunnels would collide with each other.
And then, where would all the dirt, rock, and everything else go?
I'm glad to see that you are thinking about our fuel problems. That's great. If someone could get it to work without killing us with g-forces, or whatever, it could possibly be worth it, if it could save enough fuel.
And, what about animals that could get trapped down there?
By williammartin58
Now the days , There are so many way to save the fuel. Most of the country use gas in place of fuel and getting step for save the fuel.. But As per this project, I assume that It should be very costly. I am so confuse at this time.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]