The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By claykemper
Street drains, like those in your kitchen sink, are designed to let water and small amounts of solid matter pass through. Beyond that, they will clog. Their design demand it.

How about street drains with gradual "convex" rises instead of straight bars. They would be strongly built to withstand cars and trucks. Leaves, paper, and other debris would shed from the top of the drain and sucked to the lowest open areas. Water, blocked by the forming debris at the base would be forced to seek a "higher" level toward the top of the drain and through.

Yes, this drain would also eventually clog, but not with moderate amounts of debris.

Reward: name recognition
By Michael D. Grissom
WHOA!... this is an OUTSTANDING IDEA!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Such a simple modification for such a great improvement. The only drawback would be that the drain risers would have to be above the road surface to make them easy enough to clean with existing equipment and this would equate to a mini speed bump. Do you have a way around these minor problems?

I'm curious because I have a friend here that works for a company that only makes and distributes man hole covers. If these minor problems can be resolved, I might illustrate it and give it to him to drop in that companies suggestion box. I could probably get the drawing done in under 20 minutes.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]