The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By brolle
Problem: There's a car accident, slippery section, freezing rain, dangerous driver, animal in the road, etc. and you have no way to warn other drivers headed in the same direction or on the same road.

Solution: Simple vehicle-to-vehicle communication system built into the dashboard of each vehicle, enabling communication with nearby drivers.

Reward: Free product.
By joejlitz
Interesting idea. What's the difference between this and putting a CB in every vehicle and telling people to tune into channel 4 if they want to transmit/receive this kind of information?

How do you keep irresponsible people from abusing this?
By brolle
[quote="joejlitz"]Interesting idea. What's the difference between this and putting a CB in every vehicle and telling people to tune into channel 4 if they want to transmit/receive this kind of information?

How do you keep irresponsible people from abusing this?[/quote]

Thanks. Good one. I am familiar with radio controlled roads, as I use them just about every week.

What I had in mind was more of an LCD type device on your dashboard, perhaps with radar or GPS to detect all traffic ahead, behind you, mandatory for everyone on the highway to have, so you can communicate.
1-Currently, cops have no way of communicating with drivers, except chasing you down.
2-Communication can be restricted to images/animations.e.g. animation of a moose, animation of a car crash e.t.c..
3-Ever been driving down the highway, and someone is following you too closely. There should be a button/signal you send to them to ask them to back off!!!
4-There's always potential for abuse, just as on radio controlled roads. Perhaps a 'ticket" for anyone abusing the system.
5- Think of this as social networking with all the vehicles you share a road with.
This is pretty cool idea, but for the most part that's what CV radio is used for. I mean you could make a digital version since most cars have their screen dashboards now. You could potentially just operate it like how you would operate your phone via Bluetooth. The only real problem with this is conformity. You would need every car manufacturer to get on board or the companies that supply the dashboard screen. This would take a lot of time and money to get started and implemented.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]