The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Juji
We all know the tedious and boring chore. Most people detest folding cloths, especially because you have to repeat it on a daily basis. What if we can simplify this process? Why not let the clothes fold themselves? This is NOT a fictitious idea. hear me out.

There is this stuff called memory wire. Basically, through the process of heating and cooling a wire is made with an ability to revert to a specific shape if it is heated up. We could make fabric made from/infused with a mesh of memory wire.

If we want to go all out, we could sell specially made tables/oven-like-thing that heats up to activate this wire- resulting in perfectly folded clothes (just throw that shirt onto the device and the shirt springs into its folded form).

A more affordable/practical way to activate the wire may to submerge it in hot water (this is by far the simplest method, but it may be hazardous and you end up with wet clothes if this product has a cotton element). On the other hand, in my opinion, it is best if the advised method of activating the self-fold function is to simply use a clothes iron. This is obviously all hypothetical, I haven't done any heavy research into the amount of force the wire exerts and how repeatable the process is.

Feel free to critique my idea through a reply to this. I will also be glad if any of you finds inspiration from this idea. Feel free to take it and improve it. Good luck.

Reward: I don't really need any public recognition, but it will be great if you can give me one self-folding product with your signature and a short message recognizing my contribution (It will be my personal treasure).
By Steve
Yeah, this is a great idea, but could probably use some more brainstorming. I guess the main challenge is, how to keep the clothes from folding in the wrong situations, e.g. when you're sitting in the warm sun, or leaning against a radiator.

But that aside, I'd really love to see a prototype do this. False alarms can be handled later. :b
By Glasspopsicle
Maybe a set of expanding tubes that are malleable could surround the memory wire, that way it could work with many types of clothing. The cable could contain many of such wires all separated with some material, so that many memories can be used for many types of clothing. It could utilise a computer chip and camera and interface so that the device can be smart enough to pick up on the input (based on color, shape, etc.).
I'm not sure if my idea is practical but it definitely sounds great as an extension to your idea.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]