The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By mking
The time is coming. I want to where an ultra thin flexible plasma screen, or Lcd "suit" that has small stratigically placed wide angle cameras that broadcast the immeadiate sourrondings through out the entire suit. This I think would work well especially in the forest. This would definitely give camoflauge a new meaning. "Invisibility." You could even possibly ad software to it to mimic all kinds of different scenes, and colors.

Reward: Generous appreciation
By mking
another practical use for the "invisble plasma, LCD suit," would be for military jets. The Jet if covered with the flexible plasma, or LCD screen would receive and broadcast pure blue sky. The jet would be hard to detect by ground based observers.
By MELWANI
mking wrote:another practical use for the "invisble plasma, LCD suit," would be for military jets. The Jet if covered with the flexible plasma, or LCD screen would receive and broadcast pure blue sky. The jet would be hard to detect by ground based observers.
That would be one hell of an invention! ;-D
But trust me, its wide range of usibility would make it more harmful than useful :-? ....wouldnt know who is sneaking up on me...in the bathroom? ;-)
By Horizons40
Your idea sounds great, as do the related applications added by others. Howveer, a similar type of "suit" has already been in development by military contractors for well over 10 years now. I have seen early "versions" of this camoflage suit on several documentary shows.

While the concept is great, the technology is quite complicated since one's body positioning is independent of the backgropund one wishes to "blend" with, yet each must become wholly dependent upon the other for this sort of invention to work.

Maybe you are just the sort of person to solve this and other related application issues. I agree, it is a wonderful idea with agreat deal more appliactions than clothing and camoflage!

What about hiding dirt (like when grandma and grandpa make a surprise visit and drop into your bedroom)? Or for security purposes, hiding in plain site if an intruder should cross your path?
Or for privacy in very public places?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]