The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By flanders
New to this site, I found it through googling 'roomba snowblower', it's a great site though! I am gonna lose a week looking through all this stuff, I can already tell ya.

Anyway, I don't know if it works because they haven't shown a video of it other than this partial test but this thing looks much more serious than the other RC trucks with tiny homemade throwers on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8XYeexr ... re=related

I gotta believe that there is a way to do this even smaller though. I know they have the lawnmowers that just come out every other day (or night) and randomly mow so that there is never a build up of material large enough to worry about disposing. I figure rather than letting it finish snowing you could have a remote start unit or even a sensor that would tell the thing to come out and start working as soon as the snow starts. I think then it becomes a matter of speed more than the strength to move lots of heavy snow. I think the speed needed to keep the snow from piling up quickly would be easier to attain than the power to deal with lots of heavy snow.

As for where to blow the snow, I can imagine for my driveway and sidewalks I have three spots I put it every time. You could have another sensor, or set of them, that "attracts" the attention of the chute and when it's in range of that sensor it is just always pointing over there. Remember that, unlike any I've seen up to date, you don't need to have the traditional set up of blower in front and the drive in back, there will be no person there to avoid hitting with flying snow anyway.

You know those out building roof vents that have the fin to catch wind and keep them always pointed in a direction away from incoming wind, it could be something like that, heck even something just like that might work to keep the snow from blowing right back at the machine.
By johnwright238
We have started production on our remote video control snow blowers similar to our remote control lawn mowers. You operate it from the kitchen table as if you were playing a video game. It is very good for older people and disabled alike or the guy who wants to do things the easy way and have fun doing it. http://www.remotemower.com
By coltonten205
My idea is you can shine a laser on the path you want your snow blower to go. then when your done shining your laser on the path, you can push go on the laser and the snow blower will go where you told it to go. you will probably need to outline the total area to be plowed. additional the path can be remembered by the path you told it to go the first time. there will be a central laser system outlining the perimeter of the driveway that would be mounted above the garage door. i am a young teenage kid and i want to learn more about this. anyone that can help me please comment.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]