The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Brittany Erin Wells
A curling iron that dispenenses hair spray at the push of a button is every girls dream well while i was fixing my hair i thought that it would take less time to get ready!

Reward: A free cd of your choice
By monkeynoodles
HOT curling iron + FLAMMABLE hairspray = GIANT FIREBALL in your hair.
By Zing
TRUE DAT!!!
By probass16
as a guy, i don't care. but i would love to see you running around with your hair on fire. the hairspray even says "keep out of temperatures over 135 degrees (or something near that)". and i don't know how hot them things get, but i bet it's higher than that. once again, if you ever try that, video tape it please. and then post it on here, lol.
By Keith
8-o

I would half-expect sollutions... not jokes from you people... shame on you!

Now from a creative standpoint EVERYTHING is possible if you put enough time, energy, and money into it.

So how can you take an idea like this and make it work?
Well, changing the formula of the hairspray would be a good start... Being a guy I use a product called "spiker" from ICE hair products. They make their solution organic (mostly made from sea weed) so something along those lines would work without the user "exploding" as the prevous posters mentioned.

... in reading the original post I am getting a since of a how the device might be set up.

Most users would expect it to look similar to the average day curler. But how would you have the aplicator? Make it similar to the spray feature on most irons? But then you might not get even distribution of product on the desired area (unless it had an armature feature of some kind?).... or better yet, have it distribute a thin solution along side the leading edge of the clipping part of the curler, the user would clamp and pull down (while releasing product into the hair strands) as soon as the user gets to the end they would start to curl back up to where they started and have it set.

Wow... wish I could post a picture of this to make more since... I'll try to upload something later.

Great idea though! Keep mentioning more if you have them. After all, Necesity is the Mother of Invention ;-D
By Rishi
Keith wrote:8-o

I would half-expect sollutions... not jokes from you people... shame on you!

Now from a creative standpoint EVERYTHING is possible if you put enough time, energy, and money into it.

So how can you take an idea like this and make it work?
Well, changing the formula of the hairspray would be a good start... Being a guy I use a product called "spiker" from ICE hair products. They make their solution organic (mostly made from sea weed) so something along those lines would work without the user "exploding" as the prevous posters mentioned.

... in reading the original post I am getting a since of a how the device might be set up.

Most users would expect it to look similar to the average day curler. But how would you have the aplicator? Make it similar to the spray feature on most irons? But then you might not get even distribution of product on the desired area (unless it had an armature feature of some kind?).... or better yet, have it distribute a thin solution along side the leading edge of the clipping part of the curler, the user would clamp and pull down (while releasing product into the hair strands) as soon as the user gets to the end they would start to curl back up to where they started and have it set.

Wow... wish I could post a picture of this to make more since... I'll try to upload something later.

Great idea though! Keep mentioning more if you have them. After all, Necesity is the Mother of Invention ;-D
In defense of the jokesters I would like to state that humour and creativity are two sides of the same coin. I have not yet met a humourless creative person. Scientists horse around all the time. Punning, practical joking, the works.

Having said that, I agree that Ms. B.E.Wells's idea is good. It should be an easy matter to attach an ultrasonic nebuliser (Similar to the ones asthmatics use), which can generate a gentle mist of the curling formulation through appropriately distributed openings. The formulation will have to be watetr based.

Digging deep into my far off school biology, I remember that straight hair has ladder like H-H bonds. The curling formulation breaks these and makes H-S sulfur bonds that are not connected. The resultant loss of rigidity causes the hair to curl.

Unfortunately, ther hair growing new follows the individual's genetic pattern and comes out straight again.

rishi
By Amelia_ott
The idea does sound cool. But the flammable hair spray just demolishes it all. Maybe a type of inflammable hairspray could be invented.
Also: I dont really use curling irons that much, and I think it would be cool to see a regular hair brush with the hairspray. I can like imagine myself grabbing the brush/Hair spray and doing my hair on the way to school.

Just a thought. :-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]