The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Tri Girl
During exams, some of my friends put Saran Wrap over their plates before a meal to avoid having to wash dishes afterwards. What should be invented is a type of spray-on non-toxic invisible wrap that clings to dishes so that you can eat off them. After your meal, remove the wrap and throw it out and put your dishes back in the cupboard without washing them. It would be a bonus if the wrap was biodegradable as it would save a lot of energy.

Reward: Lifetime supply of the product
By duh
your solution costs about 99 cents for about 50 of them, its called "PAPER PLATES"
By TriGirl
Not the same thing. First off, not very environmentally friendly (unless you recycle them). Secondly, would you really host a nice dinner party and serve your marvellous culinary creation on a paper plate?!
By duh
Nope I wouldn't want to serve up a good meal like that on paper plates, I would much rather serve it up on plastic wrap!
By Guest
I saw a similar activity yesterday while watching a NASCAR race. The driver's portion of the race car window apparently had several layers of a clear "plastic" applied to it. Each time the race car came into the pit for adjustments, fueling, tires, etc., another layer of the "plastic" was removed presenting a clean windshield for the driver.

I like your creativity!
By Michael D. Grissom
How 'bout heavily layered (laminated) designer paper plates as a compromise. When done, you just peel off the top layer (which also covers the edges). One plate would last for about 100 or so meals before reaching it's thick original base. Using mylar for the laminates, it would be difficult to cut through any one layer with a knife. Also, one of these would be only about 1/10th the thickness of 100 standard paper plates and do the same job.

Be careful as these might attract tornados. ;-)
By colacool2003
i like this idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
By DanielSticks
Alright, me and my friend are gonna do this for our science fair!! I RERALLY need help though! Where can we buy Mylar???? We need it badly buit cant find it anywhere! PLASE respond!
By Rishi
DanielSticks wrote:Alright, me and my friend are gonna do this for our science fair!! I RERALLY need help though! Where can we buy Mylar???? We need it badly buit cant find it anywhere! PLASE respond!
Mylar is a proprietary trade name for polyester film. Try asking for polyester film of the thickness you want. Incidentally, most OHP sheets are polyester.

rishi
By Rishi
Tri Girl wrote:During exams, some of my friends put Saran Wrap over their plates before a meal to avoid having to wash dishes afterwards. What should be invented is a type of spray-on non-toxic invisible wrap that clings to dishes so that you can eat off them. After your meal, remove the wrap and throw it out and put your dishes back in the cupboard without washing them. It would be a bonus if the wrap was biodegradable as it would save a lot of energy.

Reward: Lifetime supply of the product
There are many acrylic clear sprayon coatings already available in spray cans. Acrylic is non-toxic. The coating can be easily removed with a solvent soaked tissue paper.

rishi
By bherman
Physical contamination.
Yes, if it peels off, then it will end up in your body with a law suit.
By overcaffein8d
Michael D. Grissom wrote:Using mylar for the laminates, it would be difficult to cut through any one layer with a knife.
what would happen if you used a steak knife, or some other really sharp knife? wouldn't that have a chance of cutting through the film?

but it is a really good idea.
:-)
By Michael D. Grissom
The Mylar I was referring to is what circuit board designers used with tape and X-acto knives to create circuit drawings. This very thin material was very difficult to cut through with these very sharp knives. You might still be able to find it at drafting and art supply stores.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]