The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Kimberly Engel
There is not enough housing available in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. In my small town of 1800, there are thirty people who live in their cars because their rental was sold. In hi-demand areas, people who work the low-paying service jobs cannot even find a room to rent at double their former rent. Rather than leave their jobs and friends by moving away completely, they move into in their cars to save money. If something else goes wrong, often these "homeless by choice" people can lose everything.

To avoid this from happening, I have "adopted" a number of car-dwellers, giving them limited access to my tiny home (showers, taking messages for job-seeking) in exchange for various chores. With this help, most of them eventually found housing. Some of these "recovered homeless" got together and rented a shared place. They decided to start a "pot-luck" evening twice a week for their other friends who were still living in cars: The car-dwellers agree to bring extra food. They prepare the food that's there and clean up the kitchen. The renters get food prepared for them and their dinner dishes get washed. Perhaps a car-dweller who has a job becomes a part of the house when a room becomes available.

Reward: The idea already works for me!
By John
That is really great that you do that. I have a friend that lives in a camper to pay child support, his job is too far away to stay here except occassional weekends, but we are going to work out some space so he doesn't have to pay $70 a month for a tiny storage locker for his stuff. Something needs to be done about rent; used to be there were boarding houses all around but I guess zoning laws and different housing layouts took care of that over the years. I hope your story inspires more people to share their resources.
By Michael D. Grissom
I think the Japanese are doing something like this by renting stacked rooms that appear to be nothing more than a large bathroom with a small bed which you can rent by the hour.

Woah!... that sounds perfect for me because I only need a place to stay when the bars are closed.

:-P
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]