The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By pamelawebb
Sheets of clear stiff gel, post-it sticky on one side that can be cut to size and adhered to windows to prevent radient heat loss/gain through glass.

Reward: Installation on one house in New Orleans and one in Barrow Alaska
By Steve
Interesting idea - not sure if I understand it correctly though. If I get you right, the sheets are supposed to cover the entire glass pane, and while they will probably blur your sight, they would still allow the light to come in?
By swimmer
Maybe a heat isolant gel can be invented ... It already exist , but is not transparent .
If a transparent insulating gel can be invented , and put between two sheets of glass so it wont " BLUR " the view ... it will be a realy great invention .
Heat loss as well as heat gain will be minimized , as the heat exchange between the house and the exterior will be greatly minimized .
By Steve
swimmer wrote:If a transparent insulating gel can be invented , and put between two sheets of glass so it wont " BLUR " the view ... it will be a realy great invention .
Heat loss as well as heat gain will be minimized , as the heat exchange between the house and the exterior will be greatly minimized .
Actually I disagree. The question of reducing heat loss through glass windows has been long solved by using three (or even four) panes and filling the space with certain gasses. This applies to NEW windows though, so the value in the idea above lies imho in the fact that the sheets could be applied to old/existing windows in situations where replacing the window may not be feasible.
By swimmer
thrue ... but maybe the gek idea might turn up to be more cheap than the old 3 sheet or gases filling , or vacuum between sheets ....
By pamelawebb
The idea is that the gel would be applied in winter, removed in summer, therefore could be done by renters. Blurriness, even if it could not be eliminated, would occur only in part of the year.
By swimmer
[quote="Regtracker"]Why use a gel when you could just use a plastic tint (car windows) same result and all you need is water to apply.[/quote]

the idea is to make low cost heat insulating windows . that will last for years . and plastic is not a long lasting material , nor a heat insulant.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]