The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Cat
Ever wanted to write something? But procrastinated every time? I bet you know a few other people who also feel the same way. So did I - we started getting together every week, for a couple hours, and reading over each other's work, offering suggestions. If you haven't added more to your story, or written anything new, you have to pay a fine into the pot (we used $5.00). If you don't show up or come late, we fined each other $2.00. This all goes into a pot. When somebody finishes and edits a story, then we throw a small party (just dinner and drinks) and all parade off to the post office to mail it off. For mailing a story you get $10, for having it rejected you get a consolation prize of $15.00 and if it gets published, you get all the money in the pot! Of course adjust the fines and rewards for your own needs - the idea is that it gives you an incentive. We also offer 'scholarships' and 'grants' of $50.00 or less - like if one of us is having a hard week and the paycheck is stretching thin, we are having to work extra and give up writing time because of it, then we can apply for 'scholarship' and if we all vote ok, then you can be given a little $$$ to tide you through - if you DON'T write during that time you have to pay it all back, but if you DO write, it becomes a 'grant' instead. This system has gotten several of us published.

Reward: If you use our idea, it'd be great if you could tell everyone about it. If you had enough people doing this, then the rewards for writing could be a real financial help even without getting published.
By Ataraxis
This is a great idea!

Although, it's to my disadvantage that I'm the only penning partisan I know or can meet vis-a-vis--but when I meet more of my type, I'll definitely utilise this great idea!

Thanks.
By Judy
I like your idea so much I would like to share it with the subscribers of my writing newsletter. I didn't see an email address for you cat but drop me a line to let me know if you would allow me to publish this.

Thanks!
Judy
http://www.creativepurrsuits.com/restst ... index.html
By Kaaren
Dynamite idea. I was about to start a writing workshop and I believe I'll try using this idea... thanks, Cat!
Kaaren
By WWW
I can't stand bla bla writing. . . gaga!

All my college writing classes have taught me EDIT!

And successful advertising . . . EDIT MORE! . . . It must be ATTRACTIVE!

New, Hip and Cool.

I CAN'T STAND OLD STYLE BLITHERING!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]