The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By yuvrajd2000
It's really noisy when the pressure from a pressure cooker is released from the whistle at the top of the lid.
So if we use such a mechanism which lets the steam being released directly into top air thus reducing any kind of collision of steam with metal causing less noise. No worries about burning your face from the hot steam, because steam coming out of small hole at large pressure cools instantly as it comes to open space (pressure is negligible in comparison).
I even thought of a design using the simple mechanism of a jotter pen refill tom and the press button on the pen; which on pressing makes the refill rotate as it comes down so that it can be used for writing. So if we use the same sliding mechanism when the pressure from the cooker acts like the pen button that gets pressed and then when the slider goes to the topmost position a few small trough holes provided on the lid as well as slider will coincide and the pressure will be successfully and without much noise. Then the slider comes back to its original position with the help of spring.
No irritation of your ears as food is being cooked in your pressure cooker.

Reward: Just send me one such cooker so that i can sit in peace while my rice is being cooked!!!
By kawola17
Nice idea. And I know what you're talking about. But not all rice cookers make this noise. My new rice cooker does not make any whistling noises. So simply buying a new one would solve this problem.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]