The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By harry8balls
Pushing a button produces a tone/chord and subsequenly a piece of music. Let's use the sound of a piano as an example. So upon pressing the button('s) (say not more than two) the tones and/or chords of a piece of music are reproduced one by one and the volume of each individual note/chord is determined by the intensity of each press. So the piece or song has been written and recorded but the person pushing the button(s) determines how it is performed: the volume of each note/chord and the time intervals between them.

Ever heard somebody play the piano, wheter classical music, blues, something popular, or something else, and thought you would like to hear it (just a little) differently? Take Scott Jopplin's 'The Entertainer' for example, imagine you produce and structure it just the way your musical imagination would like it.

Any reader seeing the same potential?

Reward: That somebody gets the idea.
By Michael D. Grissom
You should be able to accomplish this with a Creative SoundBlaster card (or the like) with Midi interface and pressure sensitive keys made with spring loaded slider potentiometers (or reostats). There is electronic music already out there that I believe had to have been created this way. Maybe a pressure sensitive computer keyboard is the answer. It would operate and 'feel' like a normal keyboard but, adding a little extra pressure to the key causes it's output to vary. This could be used to control your sound card instruments in the method you have suggested. I'd buy a keyboard with an added musical option like that if the price was right.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]