The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By sun427
I did a science fair project on this one... A tooth brush that had tooth paste in the handle which would dispense through a tube into the bristles. Of course to market such a thing it would either need to be disposable or refillable. I had a proto-type at the fair and everyone liked it. What do you guys think?

Reward: Just the satisfaction that I had a good idea.
By Steve
How big was the tank? Did you have to refill it often? Was there some kind of a valve that prevented the toothpaste in the tank from drying out? Any protection to prevent you from accidentially squeezing out additional tooth paste when brushing your teeth?

Just curious... ;-)
By sun427
The tank was about 3/4 inch in diameter. Refills would be quick and easy. Probably once a month depending on your hygiene practices. The actual tube was made of plastic baisically like a regular tube of toothpaste (travel size). To actually express the paste it was a twisting mechanism (like a deoderant stick) so that would keep the air out of it to protect against any drying out. And finally to answer your question about the safeguarding of squeezing out some paste while brushing. The paste is housed in a plastic handel much like what your toothbrush is made out of now. Also it had a cutout w/clear plastic to view how much you have used so you know when to refil. I hope this answers your questions
By Steve
Wow - sounds like a mature product! ;-D
By Michael D. Grissom
Well,... now you've got me thinking...

What about a disposable toothbrush with bristles formulated with tootpaste compounds (slow desolving) and, a handle made of a sugar free breath mint. When your finished brushing, break off the brush and eat the handle.

I can see it now; "Ok kids, it's up to bed and, don't forget to eat your toothbrushes!

:-P
By mully mcfuh
somebody recently won $25,000 for this exact idea. There was a contest called ideashappen.com and 10 winners got cash-ola. Most of the other ideas were about helping people in Africa and art therapy for undereducated children, that sort of thing, but this was a straight up consumer product concept and it won.
By Michael D. Grissom
ideashappen.com, for some reason, has been completely removed from MSN.com (all my searches died). Clicking on Google search hits either got nothing or "page not found". This is really strange! The contest definately existed but, I can not find the winners or their ideas.

Does anyone have any more info on this?
By Steve
Does anybody know what happened to the other ideas in the contest? $25,000 for the winning idea sounds fine, but I wonder if the company also obtained the rights to all the other ideas that won nothing. Or is the prize money publicly sponsored in some way?
By Michael D. Grissom
I am also VERY curious about why the contest was limited to the 18 to 29 year age range. What's the reasoning behind those numbers?
By mtd28student
i used to have one of those described tooth brushes, i got it given to me about 6 years ago. it is sold as a travel toothbrush.
By Zing
you all better be careful sharing your ideas, people will steal them to make millions, and if you're like me, next thing you'll be wanted f'MOIDA.

i recently saw a commerical on TV - colgate or crest- could've stolen that poor kid's idea!!!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]