The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Keith
This has already been done... using GPS in rental cars in the Eastern United States a couple of years ago.... they were taken to court after several (if not all) the cars were recorded as "speeding" at some point or another. The tickets were dropped and the money returned to the owners.

People are not perfect, people do things for many different reasons (weather conditions, running late, emergency going to the hospital, etc). To say that some people are irresposible is judgemental. Don't take the splinter out of their eye but the log out of your own.

If cars had an "auto reprimand" feature what would be next? Alcohol bottles that test your breath everytime you drink, so when your blood alcohol got to the point you were "foolish" it would report you to the police or nearest detox center? Or a button your children could push whenever they felt their parents were neglecting them? Or a voice analyser that would buzz if you were lieing or being disshonest?... I think there is a point where technology and 'doing what is good' starts being inappropriate.

But I do believe in creative sollutions... I think the voice reminder that you are 10 over or something would be less intrusive on everyone (and a lot cheaper to implement on a large scale). Not to mention the savings in legal fees.

The "law" should always be the last option when designing something for fixing a social problem. "Lock them up" never works, it leads to oppression, corruption, and eventually riots/coups/rebellion. And I can site SEVERAL times in history where this plays true.

But thats just my $0.02,
By FrozenInEdmonton
I don't know if you drive a vehical or not, but if you do you must have way to much money. All people speed at some time, and if you say you don't your lying. I for one don't think I need to pay more to goverment agencys that don't know how to spend it properly.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]