The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By vgreen
A friend of mine is a photographer. A number of years ago now he took some photos in a bar during New Year's eve celebrations. On some of these he used a double-exposure technique, the results of which are a clearly focused "static" subject and "moving" surround, in particular lights, cigarette ends etc.

I think this is an idea which could be developed and made available to those of us who aren't dedicated photographers but like to take a camera along to a party or club.

The results are really good I can promise you of that.

If camera makers were to enable this feature more easily I'm sure many people would be very grateful!

Reward: Just would like it to happen.
By MattyKrab
I think I know what you're talking about, but that effect isn't actually a double exposure or even anything special. All it really is is a flash combined with a slow shutter speed. The flash "freezes" the subject and renders him clear and bright, and while the shutter stays open for a second or two, the background becomes blurry and bright lights most likely leave streaks due to camera shake.

On Sony's consumer digital cameras it's called "low lux" mode, which is essiantially a slow shutter speed, and when paired with the flash it creates the same effect.

I just thought I'd let you know in case you were interested in using it. Lemme know if you have any questions! :-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]