Yesterday's news and re-inventions that have been submitted to the Creativity Pool. See what they look like and where to get them.
By kennysky
I think it's time to throw the rake away and come up with a new idea to pick up leaves in the yard. How about a light weight vacuum to fit on your back with a bag attached that can hold leaves as you pick them up. Like an industrial blower but to pick up instead of blow away. It could be electrical or gas engine. Just another idea to save time and make the yard work a little easier.
By 'The One'
You know I foun out from another guy on the forum (C-Chaimberlain) that it could be possible to make a hovercraft out of stuff in your garage, for example, you can use a leaf blower like you have mentioned. How wicked is that?! Mind you, you need to be very clever with your mechanics, electronics and other technical skills.

Maybe someone should try it...? :-? ;-) ;-D
By Daryl666
yes i have seen this done. it is a sheet of plywood with a hole cut to fit the leafblower in 1 end and the rest is playing with the skirt which has been made of thicker sheet plastic but preferably something heavier. I am at a satellite campus Of BCIT (British Columbia institute of technlogy) My campus is located in a highschool that has an engineering program which builds full scale Hovercrafts. They actually cant go any bigger than the 12 foot long ones because they are as wide as the double-doors that they have access to outside through.(not much point in building it if you cant get it out of the room) Those ones they build have 15 H.P. lift engines on the Front. and 98 H.P. 2 stroke engines on the back strictly to move the things. anybody with questions about how to build a hovercraft small(models) to decent sized (1-2 person capacity) i would be happy to help out in any way possable.

I have actually wanted to try this and actually have a leafblower at my disposal (currently used to start my homebuilt turbocharger jet engine). yet time is in short supply as i am in post-secondary and trying to finish rebuilding a Camaro.
By stefani88
kennysky wrote:I think it's time to throw the rake away and come up with a new idea to pick up leaves in the yard. How about a light weight vacuum to fit on your back with a bag attached that can hold leaves as you pick them up. Like an industrial blower but to pick up instead of blow away. It could be electrical or gas engine. Just another idea to save time and make the yard work a little easier.
I also think so.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]