Yesterday's news and re-inventions that have been submitted to the Creativity Pool. See what they look like and where to get them.
By Lukasz
I remember the good old times ;) --- as if it was so long ago lol --- when car CD Player was way too expensive for me (high school student back then) to purchase. It was the biggest pain, considering the fact that most of my new music was on CD’s. That’s why, when I wanted to listen to some music from a CD while I was driving, I had only two options either copy the CD on a tape or use one of those cheap portable CD Players with a cassette player adapter.

This situation is similar to what many young adults face today; the difference is that they would like their car stereos to play MP3’s. Sure there are a lot of ways that one can have MP3’s playing on their car stereos: through recordable CD’s, mini disc players, and more, but all of those either cost a lot or take up a lot of space. My idea is an affordable alternative. A small hard drive inside one of the cassette player adapters with a small and nice wireless controller. This device would play MP3’s through a car cassette player and it would be invisible during this procedure since it would be a shape of a simple cassette. One would be able to recharge it at home while using a computer to manage different MP3’s that would be stored on the device. There would also be an option to purchase a small adapter to it, that would transform it into a portable MP3 player.

I believe that this would be a big hit. Even I would consider spending $100 for it, considering that usually I belive that those devices are unnecessary.

If this idea had been done before then that's too bad.

Reward: How about giving me some credit for this idea (if it was not invented yet) and couple of those devices (5 is a good number) since this would make for good gifts.
By Tommahawk
Cool idea, I also remember how long it took for car companies to introduce cd players into cars. They are so slow.

Portable car and portable mp3 player are out there already, save up and update.

;-D
By Lukasz
Yea, I know, I do live in USA you know --- Poland is just my country of orgin. And I belive that in Poland you can get much better high tech stuff than US.

I did say "Sure there are a lot of ways that one can have MP3’s playing on their car stereos: through recordable CD’s, mini disc players, and more, but all of those either cost a lot or take up a lot of space."

Please pay attention while you read.
;-D
ci@
By charlton
wow your mp3 player is awesome i hope i had also had one. well enjoy your listening just don't listen seriously while driving in your car.thanks and by the way im your friend from the philippines.
spiderman.......
By jaycee20
satisfying
By RudieDude
this has been out for more years then I care to remember !
http://www.unitec.co.kr/english/product/mp3/rome2.htm

only can get 32mb or 64mb version.

I don't think there is enough space in a cassette to sport a hard drive, circut board and a battery. I think to make it work you would have to go with a MicroDrive (Compact Flash compatible) which would make this player cost upwards of $600 ++

so, forget it, get a real mp3 deck.[/url]
By Lukasz
RudieDude,
Even though it is no exactly what I had in mind --- I THINK I WILL GO AND BUY THIS ONE!
COOOL THANX

"Let the force be with you"
"There is not spoon"
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]