Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By fmaneiras
They were doing in the bytes of computers a different, ie instead of 8-bit bytes, it would be only this 5bit, 4bit, 3bit, 2bit and 1 bit together. Thus the computer would do calculations faster and occupy less space.
By joejlitz
I read through several online articles to understand this a little better and from what I've gathered, this is already being done:
The size of the byte has historically been hardware dependent and no definitive standards exist that mandate the size. The de facto standard of eight bits is a convenient power of two permitting the values 0 through 255 for one byte. Many types of applications use variables representable in eight or fewer bits, and processor designers optimize for this common usage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

Though this is from Wiki, I think it will suffice as reasoning, unless some other techno wizard gets on here and can explain it better. ;D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]