Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By mikeafish
Disposable cups at the bar sceen filled with ice and drink of preference equals frozen hand(s). Make a cup that actually sits inside the other cup making it seem as though its one cup. Rims being the same circumference almost hemmed together like that of a normal plastic cup. An air space seperating the two keeps the liquid containing cup at a different temp as the one being held by the consumee's hand. Could also be used as a bar ploy to make the person think they are getting a larger portion of drinkie treats. Since the there are two layers the inner cup needs not be the same thickness keeping the cost down. I think the majority of bars sometimes use thicker plastic cups anyways so it would be just like making two cups out of the same amount of material. Of course could be used in all types of applications....

Reward: ambidextrous drinking a thing of the past in the bars leaving a free hand for suitable tasks!
By Steve
Mike, from your wording, this is a well-thoughout idea, but unfortunately I don't quite understand it. ;-) Do I get you right that you are addressing the problem of getting cold hands in a bar when consuming an ice-cold drink? Why has it to be disposable then, and what does it have to do with ambidextrous drinking? And in which kind of bar would they use plastic cups? Thanks for the clarification! ;-D
By Rishi
Styrofoam cups are already freely available with the logo etc of the establishment also printed if numbers are large.

In India the situation is the opposite. We like to drink a hot cup of coffee or tea. Weather being so hot we do not like the feel of a hot glass or a metal tumbler. Many vendors have come up with (non-disposable double cups with air space between the inner 'liner' cup and the outer shell that you actually hold. All stainless steel as well as SS inner and plastic outer are available.

The disposable styrofoam ones are a bit flimsy, the ones described above are sturdy.

Mostly used in fast food outlets. They are stricly niche products without any pretensions.

Rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]