Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By AaronBurns
By adding tastless oils and making a Soda Pop, Beer, or other carbonated beverage thicker, as well, you can then have all or more carbonation that last just as long or longer and stronger Carbonation Bite, all with out any head or explosion when a can is shaken or over heated.
We all hate it when our Soda Pop or Beer or beverage explodes making a sticky mess in our car, or chair, or gets our clothes sticky, forcing us to change our clothes when sometimes we can't.
Then, if we use the added oils, flavored or not, and thicken the beverage, we will never have an explosion or have to wait for the head to go down to drink our beverages again.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
Ok, I don't understand it. ;-) Why would anyone want to buy a soft drink with oil in it (think of the carbs, think of how it feels in your mouth and the fact that oil and water don't mix) - plus, why do you think it won't explode? My instincts tell me that the thicker the mix, the longer the gas stays inside, but once it erupts it literally DOES explode (much like a Vulcano). For that reason e.g., it is strictly forbidden to fill syrup into a soda-making machine. 8-o
Last edited by Steve on Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By AaronBurns
Without being a chemist I was unsure on weather or not thinner or thicker pop would be best to not explode.
In actuality I found that certain oils will mix into a pop since a pop is not mearly water.
Olive oil mixes easliy with root beer and added no taste what so ever.
The problem is, the mixture of the soda pop might need to be thinner in order to release the bubbles fatser but, then you loose all your carbonation so, there really is no other way to stop an explosion but to make it hold the carbonation with no release and that is why I chose thicker to trap the bubbles. It just might need to be super thick with more syrup and sugar to trap the carbonation and not release it.
We will see what happens to this idea.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]