Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By AaronBurns
Much like Hydrolics push rods, this same sealed, pressurized, type of fluid can be applied in other types of Mechanics from your cars wheels to In-Line Skates.
With a ball bearing or mechanical part you have friction and wear but, fluids do not.
You simply seal a pressurized liquid inside an encasing and you have a free floating more efficient axle or part with any kind of ball bearing or axle or where the parts need to be constantly lubricated to prevent wear.
Basically, you have a faster, more fluid moving, skate or wheel or another kind of part.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
I'm not sure if I am getting this right, but the way it sounds, you would just be shifting the mechanical part to the encasing. Plus, in order to make hydrolic rods, you would need some sort of piston again to push around the fluid (so the fluid would serve as an extension, but the whole construction would basically be the same thing, except for the fluid reducing the imminent efficiency, e.g. for acceleration). Please let me know if I got this wrong! ;-D
By AaronBurns
Yes, the machanics are basically just on the inside but, what is different is that if you have a presurized system, the main part on the inside of the (Wheel for example) is literally floating. I forgot to add that part to the topic description. It has the fluid inside and a component that is free floating for no friction.
This has never been done so, I understand why it needs clarity.
To simplify it. Hydrolic fluid or a thicker fluid in compressed form will float a material like a plastic disc and there is no resisitance which increases the velocity that an object can go.
The only factor is the viscosity of the liquid which should make little difference in velocity.
By Steve
I still don't understand, sorry. ;-) Maybe you can give a concrete example?
By AaronBurns
It would act like a fixed place styrofoam floating in water.
So, basically it just is the floating that takes over for the ball bearings used in car wheels and roller blades or skates.
When the liquid is thick and the material inside is light and floats it would have less resistence then a steel ball rolling around in a cirlcle.
Basically the part responsible for the turning of the part is floating and not touching anything that would cause friction.
It would defeat friction, increasing efficiency of movement.
By shankitr
hi auronurns

am pretty sure this fluid mechanism has been adapted by auto companies of late.. if my memory is not wrong, benz started off with this technology a year back... but yes this is there for sure n is gaining acceptance among the manufactures!!1
shankitr
By Steve
AaronBurns wrote:It would act like a fixed place styrofoam floating in water.
So, basically it just is the floating that takes over for the ball bearings used in car wheels and roller blades or skates.
When the liquid is thick and the material inside is light and floats it would have less resistence then a steel ball rolling around in a cirlcle.
Basically the part responsible for the turning of the part is floating and not touching anything that would cause friction.
It would defeat friction, increasing efficiency of movement.
Ok, now I get it. Your comparison to hydraulic push rods irritated me, because actually this isn't similar to push rods at all, and I don't even think it's related to hydraulics, because hydraulics are about (the transmission of) force/pressure. ;-) So if I get you right, your idea is basically about a hybrid between ball bearings and a traditional lubricant, where the lubricant is sealed in an encasing and ball bearings aren't needed. Is that it, or are you thinking of other, totally different applications as well?
By AaronBurns
You have now got it perfect!
Sorry about adding that comparison to hydrolics. That was very confusing and I shouldn't have used it. I was adding it to explain compression to hold parts in place towards the center where no friction exists but, I should have just said that.
Basically my system includes a sealed up system and only shares that and now I understand the confussion.
I once sat with a man who worked on the American Stealth Bomber and he used to talk about the Hydrolics involved and his stuff was mostly classified so he only talked about that. I remembered all that talk and that sparked the comparison.
He eventually had a Heart Attack and doesn't do much these days.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]