Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By AaronBurns
A Bike Helmet with a face shield that can be optionally detatchable and folds up and down for full face protection in case of an accident. It can protect you from the sun and it can change shades of darkness with the different daylight conditions. Protectant from rocks and bugs as well. When you travel at higher speeds, bugs can get in your face and mouth and rocks get kicked up into your face and can scratch your eyes, damaging them. With a face shield you could ride in the rain and other conditions where visibility is a problem. Whatever the use, we need more protection for bikers and not less. It is Law in America to wear a helmet so, why not have the entire head and face protection. It would not get in the way. After all, motor cycle helmets all ready have face shields proving that it doesn't hinder visibility and distorts nothing in view or with peripheral vision.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
As a passionate biker I am particularly interested, but I can't see how it would work.

- Protection from bugs? That's a good one, an invention for that is long overdue. Don't forget however that cycling is a real sport, and you need a lot of fresh air (oxygen). I assume that's the biggest problem to overcome, if I had to cycle with the amount of air that's available in a motorcycle helmet, it would likely kill me. ;-)
- In bad weather, sight would get much worse with a shield in front of you that's full of rain drops. Dunno how this is solved on motor bikes, maybe the drops are driven away by the generally higher speed?
- Protection from accidents? No way! Bicycle helmets are designed for weight (or the lack of it), they only protect you in a very particular type of accident. For full face protection, you would end up with a motorcycle helmet.
By AaronBurns
What about just a piece of clear plastic that you could pull down or lift up when ever and where ever you wated to guard against bugs?
The police have this on their helmets all ready.
We don't even need to change the bike helmet; we just add a face shield that is light weight and could also protect against wind burn on bikes.
It would sit on top of the head and helmet when not in use. Not for impact protection but as a way to have some protection from projectiles like dirt, bugs, pebbles, wind, or other flying debrise.
Just look at Police riot gear and you see the added advantage to having this option on your bike helmet.
By Steve
Sounds good to me. As usual, please resubmit - and if you somehow think the procedure (docks -> discussion -> resubmission) isn't ideal, please let me know. ;-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]