Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By AaronBurns
Criminals often times get away from the scene of the crime and are never caught even when someone uses Mase on the attacker. If we include a permanent dye to mark criminals, into the Mase or in a seperate type of spray then, they would be marked and easily found walking around with a color on their face or matching clothes or body part and anyone could see that they had been marked as a criminal. The dye could come in personal colors where all colors are slightly different and match the spray bottle exactly so, there would be no mistake in finding and matching the criminal to the bottle of colored dye and the crime. An easier way to identify and convict a criminal where the dye evidence could be used in court as irrefutable. This way the Police would have weeks and not just a couple hours to find the criminal and matching them to a crime or scene of a crime would be clear and evident to everyone especially when it counts. This would also scare away potential criminals knowing that they would be easily caught sooner or later. Any way we can stop crime is a good way.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
We could also cut off their noses... :-? Seriously, distorting someone's face (without any legal mandate to do so) is a crime in itself (self-administered justice) and can easily be punished with jail-time.
By AaronBurns
How about an unseeable dye that only shows up when a black light is applied.
I can't imagine just adding a color to someone would be bad at all.
But, if it is expensive to buy and only shows up when the police show it with special equipment like some flourescent light or something then, no charges could be given out.
I have seen many people get jokes played on them over here with permanent markers on their faces and no one cared.
Not made to disfigure or distort but, just to add a color or invisible dye.
They all ready do it here in America to protect money from being stolen. When a thief steals a protected government brief case with money in it, a dye is released marking both the thief and the money which matches the thief to the money. It also ruins the money and can not be circulated. It must be shredded after it is recovered because the stores know it was stolen.
I think adding a color or dye was mistaken for something worse here. Let me know.
By Steve
Two problems:
#1 - Who decides who will be marked? With a bank robbery it makes sense, because it's obvious who stole the money. But e.g. as a replacement for pepper spray, where people are encouraged to spray other people with a color that won't wash off and marks them as criminals (without trial), it won't work.
#2 - Sure, invisible color won't publicly mark innocent people as criminals, but it will also defeat the initial purpose. If the color can't be seen with the bare eye, then people can't be "easily found walking around."
By AaronBurns
Your right about that. Way too extreme to do or they would probably all ready be doing it. I had never really thought about the legal issues behind the idea.
I have a couple answers. We take out our book of etiquette and kindly announce to criminals there short cummings. Actually I was thinking more along the lines of the police using it and not your average person. So, if the Law does it then, who can complain. Better than using spray paint on them.
But, I think we should get a ruling on this from someone who would know the legal matters of it.
If it makes it to the Pool or not is not really my concern. I would much rather see which one of us has a better argument if you want to call it that.
So, have a great day! Don't think of this as negative. Just read it up beat and on the level. Don't sweat it if your sure enough to can this one now then do so and we will call it good.
Bye for now! "I'll be back!" T1 ;-D :-)
By Steve
That's why the docks are public. Guess we can just leave it here, and who knows, maybe one day it'll still produce a spin-off and the world will be better for it. ;-D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]