Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By AaronBurns
Have you ever noticed that when you dry your laundry in the dryer that it leaves lint in all your pockets?
Well, if you had a very large, pocket shaped bag in your dryer to capture all the lint, it wouldn't find it's way into your clothes. If the larger pocket never reversed itself it would constantly fill up with lint just like a belly button does. The more corners the larger pocket has, the more lint it will trap in the corners so, if you had 50 corners to a pocket, it would capture and compress 50 times the lint that your clothes would normally capture. Just toss it in the dryer with your clothes and empty the one large pocket instead of ten pairs of pants and twenty shirt pockets. The more larger pocket shaped bags you toss in the dryer, the more lint you trap.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
Hm... since the lint has no way to decide which pocket to preferrably go into, I would assume that a professional, lint-catching pocket would just get an equal share of the lint available in a dryer. So the lint pocket would somehow have to be more attractive to lint, but not so attractive that it would actually pull lint out of fabric that would have stayed in the clothes otherwise. :-?
By AaronBurns
Very true!
So, what do we or I do about it?
Any suggestions to get this one too the creativitiy pool? :~(
By Steve
Dunno. Basically we're looking for a flint trap here. Something electrostatic probably won't work in water? :-? If the problem is with the pockets only, then one approach would be to keept the flint from getting into the pockets in the first place.

But maybe this would work best: a mechanism similar to what's used for haemodialysis. In a regular washing mashine, the water only gets filtered when you flush it (at least that's my guess). So you would need a process that constantly takes water from the machine, filters out the flint and puts it back (the water, not the flint ;-) ). I am assuming that for the flint to get into your pockets, it needs to be floating in the water first. No flint in the water, no flint in the pockets - problem solved! ;-D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]