Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By msandeep
Have you ever used a telephone, answering-machine combo? If so you must know how difficult it is to set these things up.
Ever tried to set greeting, time, number of rings, vacation message, remote access code without tearing your hair out?
I suggest there be a USB or ethernet port on such systems which would allow you to connect it to a PC. Then it could be set up from the PC using intuitive windowing applications. You could also record your greeting this way, or download messages to your computer for archival (some messages are too good to be deleted!)
This would also make it possible to add new features - for example you could program the telephone to switch to voicemail, if there is no caller id, during certain hours of the day (bye bye telemarketer). You could even have a second greeting for this situation. The possibilities are endless!

Reward: Let me know if anybody does this. I'll be the first customer
By AaronAgassi
Computer Telephony already exists. You can get all the features on your FAX modem card.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]