This is the place for all kinds of brainstorming. Anything goes. From time to time, the Sea of Chaos might also give birth to new forum categories.
By Curlylox
I want to implement a clocking in system which separates specific tasks which pay at different rates for part time staff.

What I want is to clock them in and out for each specific task they do, so for instance, if they attend site to fix a printer, I want to be able to log them in and out via a card reader, pin reader or proximity reader or another automatic means and also have them input a number specific to this task, in this instance they would input 1. If they attended site for a meeting then I want to clock them in and out but this time the task code would be 2 so that I can distinguish the different types of task the emplyees are undertaking and how long they are on-site performing it.

This information has to be collated on a PC and be able to interrogated by use of Excel so that certain parts can be sent to payroll for salary processing.

I want the system to be easy and cheap, however I suspect it could actually be quite complex.

My initital thought would be to have a pin reader. when the employee reaches site they put in their personal PIN along with a number specific to the task they are at site to perform. When they leave the site they would follow the same process and the information would be recorded on a PC.

The problems start arising when, the employee forgets to log out, and then worse if they come back to site for a second task having forgotten to previously log out and this is recorded as the end of the first task. I think having the internal card reader release the door once the code is input would be a solution to this, however there are likely to be multiple people attending and leaving site together and tailgating is a distinct possibility.

Does anyone know if a proprietry card reader system could be manipulated to perform these tasks ? Or any brainy buggers out there that could provide any ideas to help me along my way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
OFFSHORE

Is there anymore need for physical cards? I suppos[…]

A Place for problems and solutions

This is a really good proposal. One title could be[…]

Team Innovating Forum

Are there forums for team innovating? Normally peo[…]

Whats your favorite Xbox game?

Mine is outrun2