This is the place for all kinds of brainstorming. Anything goes. From time to time, the Sea of Chaos might also give birth to new forum categories.
By Ryan
Hi, I'm new here, and I liked what I saw, so I signed up.

Anyways, I am a PHP/MySQL web programmer, and I have run out of site ideas, I was hoping that some of you could help me out, by giving me ideas for something new, fresh, original, and something that would make people say that was a good idea I'm going back to that sit again (Just like myspace, and google).

I'd like:
- Idea summery
- Idea description
By ShotgunNinja
Hey, I got the perfect idea for you. I've been trying to get this done over at http://www.dynamicdrive.com , and I haven't had much luck. So I joined here.

But anyways, the idea: It's an internalized web browser. It uses an inline frame to display a page which can be redirected by a form resembling a browser bar at the bottom of the page. It could have home pages and favorites saved to a username and password, and use a basic title-stripping proxy to remove the web URL from the window's browser bar, and place it in the form's browser bar. People could be able to rate, block, or comment on websites, which are sent to a big website rating database, which is accessible to all viewers. Also, each person should get his/her own email server partition (section on a large data server disc). And they should have avatars. Of course. And they should have a forum. Of course.

But yeah. Think MySpace, but based around sharing the Internet, as opposed to creating 'friends' online. And no personal home pages.
By ShotgunNinja
Cool! With that post, my rank went up to two little lifesavers!

Ok, that's not really that cool, I guess...
By Ryan
What about a real web browser that does the same thing?

I'm just starting to learn a programming language called Visual Basic, maybe I can learn to program a web browser in it or something, use your Idea for it? What do you think?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]