This is the place for all kinds of brainstorming. Anything goes. From time to time, the Sea of Chaos might also give birth to new forum categories.
By ftfmayo
I'm fascinated by the creative process, and I'd like to know a bit about the people who visit the pool.

How did you find the pool?

I found it because I thought I had a unique idea for a website. The creativity pool was one of many sites I found which were far superior to the concept I had in mind. Kudos Steve.

Do Ideas seem to just come to you, or do you have to go looking?

For me, ideas have always seemed to come to me invited or not, and if I'm really trying to come up with a solution to something, the process frequently takes me in unexpected directions. I used to subscribe to the notion of a muse, something outside myself providing flashes of insight. But since Austin Powers came out I've developed a Mini Me theory.

Do you take the time to read painfully long posts such as this?

I have an unusually short attentions span, and fortunately everyone else who submits posts here are considerate enough to make there posts short and to the point.

How do you do that?

I obviously have no idea.

If, after reading this, you feel the need to yell, curse, scream or give me any other sort of virtual ass kicking. You may do so by e-mail, {ftfmayo@cableone.net)I probably deserve it, and my only formal education comes from having my frequent instances of stupidity pointed out. But please, don't do it in the pool, its against the rules and Steve has better things to do than enforce them.
By Steve
Ftfmayo, you needn't fill in the submission form for stuff like this - I'm only reviewing idea submissions! Just post it in the appropriate category, and it'll appear instantly... ;-D

Thanks for the kudos! As far as I'm concerned I was so sure that my website idea was unique that I didn't search for very long but just started to make the website. ;-) In the meantime I have discovered that there a really a couple of other sites, but when I started out in 2000 they were hiding so well that I couldn't find them. :-D

Ideas come to me, I made the Creativity Pool to get rid of them (just like in one of those Dr Suess stories).

I think your idea of utilizing a soda bottle as a space craft and shrinking astronouts so that they will fit inside is highly interesting, thank you!

No I didn't read your post. What was it about?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]