This is the place for all kinds of brainstorming. Anything goes. From time to time, the Sea of Chaos might also give birth to new forum categories.
I think we need a dictionary that allows you to search for words by various lexical and phonetic properties.

"Why?" you might ask.

So that we can perform studies on the various properties of language as they relate to its day-to-day use. For instance, it may turn out that words with primarily unvoiced consonants are more or less likely to have certain connotations than other words.

Suppose we wanted to search for random entries whose consonants were unvoiced and whose syllables were two or more. We would type something like:

auc and (syl > 1)

To find words containing sequences of letters (like 'ph'), we would type something like

has("ph")

We could combine these search criteria even further:

has("sh") and ((uc > 3) or (syl = 2))

Such a feature in an online dictionary would expand our capacity to understand the linguistic relationships that arise from interactions between human beings. It would not be hard to program, either.

What do you think of my idea?

If I wanted to begin a database containing the spelling and pronunciation of all words in a dictionary, how would I legally do this?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]