Gather feedback on ideas and inventions that you plan to market yourself, or find partners for further development. Remember that anyone can read your post, so don't disclose any confidential information about your project.
By soggy3
Ok your toothbrush usually stays in the toilet. I recently watched a tv programme which showed when you flush a toilet millions and millions of particles of sh** actually fly up in the air and land everywhere including your toothbrush. It made me think twice the next time i stuck my toothbrush in my mouth. Is there a dissenfectant spray available to disenfect your toothbrush or does anyone have any ideas for what could be used. Some people say that i talk sh** and you know what they could be right just because i brush my teeth. I look forward to becoming rich with this baby!!!!!
By soggy3
Ive actually just found out that the British Dental Association have just released a spray that you spray on to your toothbrush before you brush. The filthy little mongrels!!!!! Oh well back to the drawing board!
By Rishi
The severe turbulence created by the flush tank when it works generates a foaming action much like waves crashing on a beach.

If the toilet seat cover is closed the syphon action of the water leaving the bowl actually creates a vacuum, which would contain most of the spray. Best disinfection is by immersion in a disinfectant like chloro-hexidene (Savlon) or Dettol for about a minute.

What about a curtain to contain the contaminant?

Rishi
By sevenizm
My family calls me neurotic. I keep my toothbrush in a bottle of alchohol. I wasn't even aware of the "toilet mist". My whole thing was the fact the the mouth has more germs then any part of the body.

Also I know that germs multiply @ room temperature. If your house is like mine, then the bathroom is room temperature. Imagine all the germs that can be growing right now on your brush.

Then you wake up in the morning and put it into your mouth. I keep mine in a bottle of alcholol.
By Rishi
sevenizm wrote: Also I know that germs multiply @ room temperature. If your house is like mine, then the bathroom is room temperature. Imagine all the germs that can be growing right now on your brush.
Issac Asimov in one of his Robot novels writes about people living with bacteria filter plugs in their nostrils and avoid direct human meetings

While what sevenizm says is true, it is also true that most of these bacteria are non-pathogenic. They do not infect.

Toilet mist can carry pathogenic bacteria from the bowl. It is not a good idea to sterilze the bowl as that will interfere with the sewage digestion.

I feel that sterilizing the tooth brush is probably not called for. Rinsing it out before using will remove most of the bacteria, which I would suspect came from the mouth after the last use.

May be the solution is to develop a disposable brush head for a reusable tooth brush handle. This can even be preloaded with tooth paste as suggested in another thread.

Rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]