Gather feedback on ideas and inventions that you plan to market yourself, or find partners for further development. Remember that anyone can read your post, so don't disclose any confidential information about your project.
By Scootz
So the situation is this..

I live in Helsinki, Finland and a few months ago I had an idea for an invention, after searching for it I was sure it hadnt been made.

So I started making prototypes until I got it working, 2 weeks ago I had a meeting with an invention foundation company and they were keen to help me get it patented but first had to do tye novelty search.

Today i got an email telling me that they have found that in 1997 someone in the USA got the patent for it already (although never produced)

The things i need help understanding are these..

If the patent is only in the USA then why does this affect me in Finland?
Patents Re bound by each country so I am confused why I cant create something similair here? it wouldnt make sense for anyone then to apply for multiple country patents.... Unless m missing something?

Also, although this guy got a patent for something very similair to mine back in 97 it isnt quite the same, mine involves an extra part & different material, is there any way to challenge it and somehow create a modiied or new invention?

I would really appreciate any help on this

Thanks in advance
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]