Gather feedback on ideas and inventions that you plan to market yourself, or find partners for further development. Remember that anyone can read your post, so don't disclose any confidential information about your project.
By lp115lp
I read of a simpler design for a telescoping rescue boom for helicopters in NASA Tech Briefs over a decade ago. Trouble was - once the line (holding a floating sling) was deployed (and missed) retrieval would take precious minutes and 1 or 2 extra crew-persons.

I designed an improvement that would permit the pilot to retrieve and reload the line/sling in seconds for a second try. The NASA scientist who developed the original design had told me that IF NASA approved funding for it - they would list me on the patent. Trouble was - NASA cut funding instead.

The telescoping boom would've allowed helicopters to aid in rescuing people from high-rise buildings - standing off beyond the reach of the rotor blades while the person got into the sling. The original design was created because the inventor had personal experience being rescued from the sea by helicopter as a US NAVY fighter jet pilot (ditching at sea).

I'm seeking partners in developing this improved version.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]