The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By bradfordley
If you are a student like me that likes to listen the music in class or even in other places without having to use those big bulky headphones and getting tangled up in those anonoying wires then my idea is to invent a headphone that is simply placed in your ear and is wireless. I my opinion I think this idea will sell greatly, especially to students.
By MissPlayful
See a very similar idea on CreativityPool by Scott Kollodge called "Wireless Music Pencil" and its many comments (do a CreativityPool search for wireless music pencil or just pencil).
By amitpop2222
I would LOVE this idea. I always get tangled with wires and this would solve my problems, what you can do is take apart a cheap remote control car and the controller and then find a way tou attach them to the headphones and the cd player/mp3 player/etc. and work from there. :-D
By sdt6585
I know this isn't the cheapest thing ever, but I had always wanted something like this because I ride my bike pretty much everywhere I go (it's getting hot out!!) and I wanted first, the no wire thing, and also to be able to talk on the phone. At some point I realized that this more or less already existed - I imagine that you can just use one of the new pda type cell phones that have mp3 players built in with a blue tooth headset. I wish I could tell you if it worked or not, but I don't want it bad enough to go buy all of that, plus I don't think that you could hear me over the wind on my bike. What I think would be perfect is if they could come out with a blue tooth throat mic - like the ones that the really cool army guys get to wear, then the wind wouldn't be a problem. That I would spend some money on......maybe you could even get Lance to sponsor it!
By overcaffein8d
sdt6585 wrote:I know this isn't the cheapest thing ever, but I had always wanted something like this because I ride my bike pretty much everywhere I go (it's getting hot out!!) and I wanted first, the no wire thing, and also to be able to talk on the phone.
There is a problem with this, though :-(. There may be laws that have something against people riding bikes and listening to music, because you could lose your attention span and hit somebody or something.

Also, if you had wireless headphones and no transmitter thingy had to plug into anything, what would happen if you had two units? How would you get the transmitter inside the iPod or whatever you were using? how would you use it on more than one thing?
By sdt6585
overcaffein8d wrote: Also, if you had wireless headphones and no transmitter thingy had to plug into anything, what would happen if you had two units? How would you get the transmitter inside the iPod or whatever you were using? how would you use it on more than one thing?
You are probably right about there being laws about listening to mp3 players, but I've been doing it for years, and so far the only person I've ever met that had gotten a ticket on a bicycle was very drunk! Not to say that is a good fix for that half of the problem though.

As far as the transmitter goes, you wouldn't really need one if you had a phone with an mp3 player built in, and a lot of the new blackberry/palm phones have that. Not saying this is the perfect option, but it works?
By overcaffein8d
sdt6585 wrote:
overcaffein8d wrote: As far as the transmitter goes, you wouldn't really need one if you had a phone with an mp3 player built in, and a lot of the new blackberry/palm phones have that. Not saying this is the perfect option, but it works?
haha... what i was saying was that the transmitters have different frequencies that transmit whatever to the headphones. so, wouldn't we have a limited number of frequencies?

(i'm not exactly sure what i'm talking about either :-))
By sdt6585
overcaffein8d wrote: haha... what i was saying was that the transmitters have different frequencies that transmit whatever to the headphones. so, wouldn't we have a limited number of frequencies?

(i'm not exactly sure what i'm talking about either :-))
I think the phones use bluetooth though, which is RF, but I think that they have already solved the problem of multiple units since bluetooth is designed to connect a number of perepherals to a computer.
By overcaffein8d
sdt6585 wrote:
overcaffein8d wrote: I think the phones use bluetooth though, which is RF, but I think that they have already solved the problem of multiple units since bluetooth is designed to connect a number of perepherals to a computer.
OH yeah...

but what if.. but what if... hmm.. (must come up with evil plan)

my friend told me that bluetooth was easily hackable. what if they could control your mind using the headphones. they could easily hypnotize hundreds of people using auditory hyptonization..

(i obviously have no idea what i'm talking about..)

what if they could hack into your iPod?
By sdt6585
overcaffein8d wrote:
what if they could hack into your iPod?
Oh my gosh, I didn't think about that.......they might start pirating music then!!! :-[
By overcaffein8d
sdt6585 wrote: Oh my gosh, I didn't think about that.......they might start pirating music then!!! :-[
nope, but they could break a bunch of peoples' ipods... couldn't they?
By DirtpatchSmacky
it would have to be fairlly large, it would have to have a reciever, of course speaker, but also a power suplly(battery).
By sarahtia
I think wireless headphones would definately come in handy in class, but wouldn't something small like that get lost very easily? I'd be very happy listening to music in class, but while walking and chatting with others, they could easily fall to the ground without me noticing! And even if I did, what are the chances of me finding something like a headphone in the busy halls?
By AaronBurns
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but my idea to add to yours would be to add transmission signatures for every MP3/MP4 Player and wireless signals sent to your ear piece would be dialed into anyone else's device so you can hear and choose from any Player you dial or digitally scan into. ;-D
By mekarls
Sounds great!
If you could overcome the problem of losing the ear peice, it would sell in great numbers.
Im not allowed to have anything like an MP3 in class and the teachers keep confiscating mine- this would make it much harder to be noticed.
One other problem is they would have to come in many diffrent frequencys, otherwise if 10 people are near you and are all listening to music, knowbody could hear there own music. ;-D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]