The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By AaronBurns
A simple clear, plastic cup that has a clear (STICKY) inner surface so that we can see and catch bugs of all kinds especially spiders for indoor or outdoor use. We need to trap them cheaply without the mess of squishing them which can cause permanent staining whereever they are. Disposable bug catcher that can be thrown away rather than making a mess on surfaces or on your hands right before you attempt to eat or use your hands for reasons you need them clean for. There are many sticky bug catchers I have researched but, a simple clear plastic (STICKY) cup makes catching them clean, effective, and keeps the grossness out of it. In many countries there are tons of bugs that we need out of our lives due to the danger of them being near us so, with varying sizes of cups we can get those wasps (for example) out of our houses without endangerimg ourselves to stings or bites of any kind. If you use a fly swatter to kill them they usually end up just madder and then they attack you. A safe way to rid yourself of bugs you needn't touch. You just place the cup over the bug and when it tries to escape and can't get out of the bottom they will quickly climb or fly onto the sticky surface. No mess and no danger!

Reward: A supply since I live under trees!
By shari
This is a good idea, but the only problem I see is with packaging of these cups. They cant be stacked like normal disposables because they would stick to each other. They can probably be just sold in packs of twos, closing each other's sticky surface. Probably better is to have a sticky spray, and then use then on a normal dispaosable cup when needed and then catch a fly.
By Rishi
During the second world war Burmah Shell Oil Co., used to sell a sticky fly paper with a peel -off nonstick backing. All kinds of bugs used to land on the paper and get stuck. Shell even added an attractant to the glue to make the bug come to the paper. The name of the chemical was Vapona if I remember right.

May be this sticky paper, which can be packed in tight packs can be reived. If a cup shape is required the sheet can be creased so that it can be folded to a cup shape.

rishi
By Steve
Actually it shouldn't be such a problem to place that peel-off paper on the inside of cups. I also like that spray idea, though. ;-D
By Stewie123
or you can have just a sticky piece of paper that you hang from the roof or celing depending on if your inside or out, but have a smell to it that ataccts the bugs, fruit flys: the smeal of freash fruit, each one would catch a diffetent type.

but then again the cost of it would be higher :-?
By Rooks
Elegant...
By prasadskadam
AaronBurns wrote:A simple clear, plastic cup that has a clear (STICKY) inner surface so that we can see and catch bugs of all kinds especially spiders for indoor or outdoor use. We need to trap them cheaply without the mess of squishing them which can cause permanent staining whereever they are. Disposable bug catcher that can be thrown away rather than making a mess on surfaces or on your hands right before you attempt to eat or use your hands for reasons you need them clean for. There are many sticky bug catchers I have researched but, a simple clear plastic (STICKY) cup makes catching them clean, effective, and keeps the grossness out of it. In many countries there are tons of bugs that we need out of our lives due to the danger of them being near us so, with varying sizes of cups we can get those wasps (for example) out of our houses without endangerimg ourselves to stings or bites of any kind. If you use a fly swatter to kill them they usually end up just madder and then they attack you. A safe way to rid yourself of bugs you needn't touch. You just place the cup over the bug and when it tries to escape and can't get out of the bottom they will quickly climb or fly onto the sticky surface. No mess and no danger!

Reward: A supply since I live under trees!
By bbnkstr
Most insects are not harmful to humans until humans start messing with them. If you feel threatened, then you should just catch the insect in a normal jar and release him into a suitable environment. In conclusion, the insect lives and you are happy. It's kind of like getting rid of an unwanted roommate in a nonviolent way.
By amorriso
If you had a hand-held vacuum cleaner, you could just suck up the insect without leaving any mess.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]