The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By boo7
You will propably have heard that the “Electronic Stability Control” will be installed in most of the 2007 model cars and trucks, to serve as a standard safety feature to boot-up the vehicle safety rate, and it is promised that it lowers your car insurance rate as well.

But wait, the ASWS would even go further and be the best additional safety feature for both, driver and public. I want every new car in the future be equipped with the ASWS device which prevents speeding motorists from breaking speed limits on all public roads.

This smart GPS like unit can be installed in any car with or without the NAV system. The unit will recognize the road name and the speed limits on it; then start monitoring the vehicle speed. The monitoring process is similar to an automatic speed-volume control system in most new car stereos - “louder if car goes faster”. If the vehicle exceeds more than ten mph of the given speed limits, it gives one warning to slow down. If the driver is continuing with the same speed or breaks the limit a second time on the same road, the ASWS will issue a ticket announcement and send that information to the county or state department of traffic enforcement accordingly. The official traffic violation letter will following by mail.

Further more, this unit also reports to the closest emergency authority, if the vehicle air-bag is activated in an accident. This will work just like an on-star system. I know, most of you do not like this new technology, because you are a good driver, but think of it as an additional safety feature that will save you car insurance money and increase public road safety, as well as the diver's. It also increases the Police Department resource, since they don’t have to worry much about traffic patrol.

Reward: acknowledgement
one little problem.. with this approach..

Generally some minor accidents are shall we say off the record. Police arn't notified.

If there every air-bag activation contacted some authority.. then there would be alot of fines and demerit points attached to this insurance saving method.
By mekarls
There`s a few problems there...
What happens if you need to over-take slow moving traffic(large truck`s ect.) you would have to do it within the diffence of speed of the traffic and the speed limit- very dangerous because you spend too long on the other side of the road.
What about reception in a tunnel.
Can anyone guaranty it wouln`t ever malfunction?
I (and 5 million other people) live in the state of victoria,australia.
The speed limits are very unrealistic and in some places, change every 500 meters. The allowance is 3kms/h.
Were only human and if we got a ticket every time we exceeded the limit(most of the time, it goes unnoticed) we would all lose our licences very fast.
I think hidden speed cameras are bad, but your idea is going to far(no offence)
At least more people would use public transport.
By InventR
How abt it sending you an email when you get to work. The person in the office with the most infractions puts money in the kitty - or takes it all :-D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]