The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By professrplum
Every year I inevitably lose or have my cell phone stolen, and it drives me crazy to lose all the numbers and contact info I have stored. Now I realize that there are devices capable of linking with computers and saving info, but how often do people really do this. I propose to make the cell phone charger actually contain an additional SIM card to record your contacts everytime you charge up. This way one has a recent record of one's phone numbers, that requires no tech savy and no effort to update. If you lose your phone you still have your charger and SIM card with all the info to slip into the new phone. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
By Steve
Another idea would be to have the cell phone send an SMS to a central backup server every time you enter or edit your numbers. That would be safer (your phone charger can be stolen, too), but also more expensive (unless offered by the phone company as a free bonus service).
By jhgomez
I find this idea very useful. I would add some kind of locking pin to the SIM, since someone else in the house (parents, siblings, wife, etc.) could have access to your contact list and maybe you don't want that.
By DirtpatchSmacky
Just a good , feasable idea. how bout they just program phones that will send a simple text message with your contacts info to your e-mail once a week?
By adaminc
If you google it, something like "cellphone backup service" you'll find that there are quite a few services that offer this, and quite a few cellular service providers offer it as well.
By Rishi
Steve wrote:Another idea would be to have the cell phone send an SMS to a central backup server every time you enter or edit your numbers. That would be safer (your phone charger can be stolen, too), but also more expensive (unless offered by the phone company as a free bonus service).
There is a stand alone plug-and-play phonebook flash drive in the market that stores and uploads the Phonebook of cell phones with a single touch. The USB connection lets you modify contents on a PC. Capacity over 10,000 records.

Is what was suggested better than this?

rishi
By uufinland
We have acctually developed one mobile software called GSM secure,
which is very easy to use.

-download the software and install automatically
-changing setting of auto backup or manual backup
-back up all your contacts and important data from your mobile phone

The features it has are:
-Privacy protection
-Server data secured
-Retrive data with password
-Retrive your last backup by other phones in any location

------------------
The software has been tested successfually, in order to launch it internationally, we are lack of

-Operation short sms download platform
-Professional server and its secure+individual privacy protection,

-----------------
uufinland @ gmail.com (no space on both side of @)
+358b 40 837478
By spannerintheworks
I think by default if you get the password 3 times wrong to unlock your phone the sim card will automatically be locked.. unless its unlocked by a person with the tools Shops..

I have seen SIM card backup device about a year ago.. put it into a slot and you can back it up onto another sim card.
By vijayarajan
Steve wrote:Another idea would be to have the cell phone send an SMS to a central backup server every time you enter or edit your numbers. That would be safer (your phone charger can be stolen, too), but also more expensive (unless offered by the phone company as a free bonus service).
Excellent idea. It might turn into reality soon. It should be a good business for the people who is offording this service too.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]