The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By jelley
An interface allowing people to find many others who are lookalikes (or nearly lookalikes) of themselves, and then enable them to compare notes with each other re: possible shared tendencies/tastebuds/etc. It could enable people to upload images of themselves whereupon a 'Face Recognition Bot' would guide them in dragging their JPEG to an area of other JPEGs most closely matching their image in an array.

A numeric equivalent to such an array is:
11 12 22 23 33 34 44
45 55 56 66 67 77 78

This was inspired by Nancy Segal's book about twins separated at birth - Entwined Lives

Reward: Satisfying my curiosity. If such a site were created, people would be enabled to discover the not-as-yet explored aspect missing from the book Entwined Lives. That is: Do non-related lookalikes share similar tendencies, tastebuds, etc. just as identical twins do? E.g. even if they're not "supposedly" related, nevertheless, maybe their genes are related?
By Michael D. Grissom
The war on terror has brought major advances in face recognition software speed and accuracy. Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, most major airports, and a host of others are using it. I'm sure that there are many versions on various websites for different reasons.

What I'm thinking now is a cooperative, mutually beneficial arraignment with an established face recognition website such as the FBI or the like. They're goal is of course to have every human on earth in their database and your goal is the same - only for a different reason. I'm betting that someone could easily set this up at NO COST just by bringing the idea to these already established organizations.

The software is already capable and doing exactly what you want.. just tell them that you've thought of a great way to drastically increase their database of faces with volunteers! All they have to do is spit out emails with matches in return. ;-D ;-D ;-D

If you don't want to do this yourself, I have a friend with the FBI that I can approach with this GREAT idea. Just let me know because it's a 'natural' and I think it should be done.
By jelley
Sorry this is so delayed - it was Bulked by Yahoo. If I hadn't checked my Bulk down to the last few hundred - I'd have missed the email notification!
I just hope that Yahoo won't bulk them anymore despite NOT SPAM.
They're goal is of course to have every human on earth in their database and your goal is the same - only for a different reason
Uh, it may attract many humans on earth EXCEPT criminals - for obvious reasons :~(
All they have to do is spit out emails with matches in return.
Can you please clarify? thanks...
If you don't want to do this yourself, I have a friend with the FBI that I can approach with this GREAT idea. Just let me know because it's a 'natural' and I think it should be done.
By all means, go ahead & thanks!
BTW, years ago I had created a very rough draft of a sorta similar idea - and a volunteer programmer (from CGI Resources) had started a beta version. His beta was very sophisticated sorta like Ebay & Epinions. Anyway, then he got busy with paying jobs. He may still have his beta. I'll clarify more via PM.
By jelley
ah... I know it's been awhile - just wondering if you got eNotified of response.

Sometimes my notifications get Bulked.
Oh well...
By Michael D. Grissom
Hello Jelley.. sorry about the delay but I've been away from the internet for very long time.

All they have to do is spit out emails of look-a-like matches to the photo submission volunteer's email address in return for their volunteering.

As for the Criminals not wanting their face in any database, that in itself would be a great tool to use in finding criminals by process of elimination.

As for my friend in the FBI, he was great friends with my girlfriend and when I broke off my relationship with her, he never spoke to me again. He probably thinks it was my fault and there isn't anything I can do about that.
By jelley
Speak of delayed posting, hey, it's been 2 years since my last response ;)

Once again I didn't receive email notification.

Ah well, I think both my ideas were good (doppelganger & soulpalfinder) - but I doubt either will happen - because this world seems destined to remain in chaos. I think the etherical powers-that-be prefer it that way. Heaven forbid that humanity should acquire knowledge about themselves.

For example, does a certain facial profile usually tend to be a supertaster (or nontaster)?

Such questions are destined to remain mysteries forevermore...
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]