This is the place for all kinds of brainstorming. Anything goes. From time to time, the Sea of Chaos might also give birth to new forum categories.
By Donna1
If everyone that bought a license for a boat was given a gps that had to be worn on the wrist at all times while out on the boat, we could rescue them quickly.
That would include all Luxury Liners . Anybody overboard would be found quickly.
Donna ;-D
By AaronBurns
We could also implant slowly degrading radio active graphite bar codes in our skin and be scanned and located from a satallite in Space.
By swimmer
evena sall amount of radioactivity is harmfull . but a small radiowaves emmitter can be used , it is easy to detect by special radars .
By Steve
Now this may sound sobering, but for all such ideas, human life has a simple price tag. So...

Take the number of people with a boat license, multiply by the cost of a GPS, and divide by the number of people who were either lost at see and never found, or who died because they weren't found quickly enough.

There's your price tag - i.e. how much it would cost to save ONE human life this way. Next: Imagine you had this amount of money, could it also be used to save two or more lives in a different context by different means? If yes, it means that this idea isn't feasible. O:)
By USMactive
I think it's a great idea. technology in terms of gps is getting cheaper and easier to make all the time. My phone GPS got us to Hamilton for my sister to buy a new car. Right to the front door.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]