Nead a break from all your creative efforts? Cast your anchor here and enjoy a little chit-chat.
By ideahampster
My idea is realizing that the best way to find a revolutionary new energy source might come from studying how animals and plants get the energy they need.

Why animals and plants? There are literally millions of ways chemical reactions can occur, the research required to scratch the surface of what is possible is immense. By leveraging knowledge of existing chemical reactions occuring in plants and animals to sustain life one gets to point much faster.

(This area is probably also under-explored as science tends to compartmentalize the disciplines of chemistry and biology when the person that will succeed in this research will need skills in both areas.)

Really what is trying to be accomplished is finding the most efficient conversion of matter to energy. When you think about how little matter is taken in by most insects and how much work (measuring by ratios of body wieght to work done) an ant or firefly can do, it seems the chemical reaction should be studied and reproduced on a larger scale.

There are also many benefits of success as any discovery in this area would be fully biodegradable, renewable, and (theoretically) cheap to produce.
By swimmer
relativly insects consume more organique material than we do to make the a similar work relativly to its mass .

we consume and convert chemicals to energy by a rate less than 70%

we have discovered long ago one off the most efficient energy source ever , which is the nuclear energy . so no need to research on something less efficient .

scientists are working on extracting energy from anti-mater but that will require hundreds of years to developpe .
By ideahampster
For clarity I should have said "Really what is trying to be accomplished is finding the most efficient conversion of matter to energy by chemical means." I wasn't really getting at nuclear
because I have no doubt there are resources dedicated to finding ways to use nuclear energy and has been since its discovery.

What prompted this idea was the fact that people are looking into ethanol and other organic sources of fuel. My thought was instead of merely focusing only on plants for a solution, why not include researching animal chemical reactions?

I don't pretend to be an expert on these things, maybe an ants ability to lift over 50 times its body weight is more a measure of mechanical engineering then it is energy or its ability to carry heavy objects a long distance without stopping is more about energy storage then energy efficiency. This idea is about the possiblity that it might get someone to look at the problem in a new way, perhaps even leading to a breakthrough.

I was also thinking that solution would need to be accessible to anyone to really have an impact. Assuming a nuclear solution was found, what would one do with nuclear waste? Would the reaction be containable to use for an average homeowner or vehicle owner? How easy would it be to get one's hands on nuclear fuel materials? Would nuclear be a renewable source or would it run out?
By swimmer
all organic materials are a big pollution cause when burned .
co2 is always exhausted after combution .

only h2 + o2 combustion as an example is pollution free . thats why its one of the best choices of future energy source .

petrol is not only from vegetales it is althought from animals . the combustibile chemicales in both are the same .
By swimmer
all organic materials are a big pollution cause when burned .
co2 is always exhausted after combution .

only h2 + o2 combustion as an example is pollution free . thats why its one of the best choices of future energy source .

petrol is not only from vegetales it is althought from animals . the combustibile chemicales in both are the same .
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]