The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By the formatfactory
VAT is not a progressive tax. Therefore a millionaire pays the same for a packet of cigarettes, phone bill, etc. as a single mum. Therefore if we were to pay by plastic could have tax code chipped on card - result being you pay according to your income.
By scottw
so now all the millionaires will quit smoking and the price of smokes will go up and the single mum won't be able to afford them without denying her babes of milk so she quits smkoing gets edgy and begins beating her children so they can grow up commit atrocities and blame all the millionaires instead of mum! we can call this "moderate good feeling comunisim" or "you get it even if you don't pay for it". Taxes should be based on consumption. Buy more pay more, want more work harder so you can buy more and pay more. Happy with what you have? Good! Unhappy with what you have? Work harder. Feel like you have too much? Give some to some one who has less from the goodness of your heart. The progressive tax structure makes scrudges of the rich and keeps the poor in the orphanage with a hand out. The middle class it just ticks them off.
By Steve
scottw wrote:so now all the millionaires will quit smoking and the price of smokes will go up and the single mum won't be able to afford them
Um, that's not quite what will happen. The different prices for different people will create a black market where the mums sell and the millionaires buy. Except for a few essential products (like cheaper bread for the poor) I don't believe it's possible to charge radically different prices from different parts of society.
By Elvira
I have to disagree with one of the replies because a) breastmilk is free of charge, and b) a mother with a baby shouldn't be smoking. :*) :]
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]