The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Keith Lawson
Elevators (lifts in England) are expensive to install and require top room for the lifting gear. Would it not be possible to build elevators on Archimedes Screw principles - a rotating shaft moving small, single person platforms? No cables or wires to break. Can be used for two storey building.

Reward: Recognition for the idea.
By LN
I can visualize this project. Woe is I, tho.
No money. When you come to America, you MUST visit the St. Louis Arch. Aero Saarinan's I believe. The little elevator capsules seat 4 or 5. You can't stand up. You travel in a zig-xzg pattern all the way to the top! Something like 360 meters in the air. It's the size of a large bus at the top. The glass window walls are tilted out from the floor at about 30 degrees! Looking down - you see nothing but GRASS. An amazing piece of work.
Good luck in finding a producer. Peace be with you.
By Lizard
It has been done in Canada for a few years now.
When I worked on construction sites, I saw hydraulic
elevators go up to 4 floors
By Tom McPhillips
There are many freight elvators that work like this.
It's a good way to build a very safe lift that can carry a lot of weight economically, however the drawback is that they are very slow. We used to dread loading in shows at Wembley conference center for that reason.
By Lorraine Lee
If it's hideously slow but cheap then buildings with this elevator would have the cheap suites in the higher floors.

Do the passengers rotate or are they splined to the column?

Perhaps it could also pump liquids.
By will
has the whole world gone lazy??? there is something MUCH safer and WAY MUCH cheaper. its called stairs. also gives good excersize.

*i am lazy also and use elevators*
By river
Anonymous wrote:has the whole world gone lazy??? there is something MUCH safer and WAY MUCH cheaper. its called stairs. also gives good excersize.

*i am lazy also and use elevators*
%-6 Howz about if your a parapelegic or a quad>duh!!!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]