The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By mmosele1
Think of all the people out there who drive without a license (underage kids) or with a suspended license (Paris Hilton). Well why not have this thing in your car, somewhere discreet in your dashboard or where ever, where you have to insert you drivers license into it to activate the car. If you don't have a license you won't be able to operate a car. If you have a license it will only work on cars registered under your name so you can't break into a car and steal it. Or if you don't mind a friend or a family member driving your car you can some how activate there license into the cars computer memory so you can lend them the car whenever. I mean it might keep young hot celebrities out of the tabloids for driving without a license, but who cares?

Reward: Somethin good
By Lisa
similar techniques, as the one you describe, are in use to prevent theft - like fingerprint car-security.. But as it's not really used that much in real life (at least not that I know of) - maybe one can find a simpler and more convenient solution!
By Regtracker
it would be abused just like the in car breathalizer for repeat dui'rs(get your passenger to insert their licence and off you go).
By erix123
Good idea but this might cramp a car's style. Or lets say that you lost, forgot or something happens to your liscense and you dont have it it make a car useless even if you were gonna do a quick chore.
By Michael D. Grissom
Wouldn't it be great if I could patent "Thingamabobbers, Thingamajigs, and Gadgets" (Patent Title) and then sit back and reap the royalties?

I just Google searched "Automobile Security" (without the quotes) and found way too much to read.
By lookingforideas
mmosele1 wrote:Think of all the people out there who drive without a license (underage kids) or with a suspended license (Paris Hilton). Well why not have this thing in your car, somewhere discreet in your dashboard or where ever, where you have to insert you drivers license into it to activate the car. If you don't have a license you won't be able to operate a car. If you have a license it will only work on cars registered under your name so you can't break into a car and steal it. Or if you don't mind a friend or a family member driving your car you can some how activate there license into the cars computer memory so you can lend them the car whenever. I mean it might keep young hot celebrities out of the tabloids for driving without a license, but who cares?

Reward: Somethin good
Yeah thats a good idea, but instead of even inserting your license and turning the key, you just insert your license and the car automatically starts or you have to push a button or something along those lines...good idea!
By Jayuk
Good idea but in this harsh world of ours Mugging would increase dramtically as would car jacking.

Also this lovely government of ours in the UK cannot seem to stop fake driving licenses at the moment (just google fake id) so whats to stop them being forged ?

Jayuk
By robomatt1600
if your underaged kid is going to steal keys to drive your car, they will not refrain from stealing your ID as well.

this idea is the same as using two sets of keys for one car.

it might be better for the car to use fingerprint detection or iris recognition software.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]