Obsessed by the improvements of StarTrek and the fourth millennium, while feeling restricted by the limits of today's technology or that boring second law of thermodynamics? Just let your imagination flow - you needn't be Scotty to beam your thoughts in here!
By Colleen De Koning
A small implantable chip that could be directly inserted in a pet-owner's brain during a minor outpatient surgery after having adopted or buying a pet. This chip is pre-programmed with basic pet care knowledge, as well as back up support for responsibility and empathy, and greatly increases any pet-owning experience. Default triggers will override any neglect or ignorance inherent in the owner, while encouraging normal thought processes, i.e. spaying and neutering. Can be personalized to remember pet's name and location, can accomodate addition of new pets, but will negate any plans for breeding, and will not allow the desire for new pets if any major programs are breached. Will eventually dissolve when owner is successfully accessing these skills in their own brain.

Reward: Me not having to see cruelly chained dogs or stray cats, or having to hear one more person talk about how their cat/dog's newest litter won't be a problem because they "know' they'll find homes for them... and so on, etc.
By nicmoe
For as great of an idea as that would be, it wouldn't work. No one knows for sure how memory works, but we do know that you can't just implant a chip for memory. Sorry.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]