The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By faisal quraishi
Ever had the experienced that you order a pizza and don't order the drinks thinking you have a 2 L soda that you bought from the market. As usual when the pizza arrived u open the bottle the pop goes flat.

Is there an agent or a chemical that's safe that you can add to instantly give you the fuzz you need for drink...? That would save the day. Let me know if someone can come up with somthing...

Reward: Finally I can eat my pizza with my pop.
By AaronAgassi
You just need to poor your flat soda into a seltzer bottle to recarbonate it.

Or else, come to think of it, if there where pop-rocks without flavor, that could be added.

But then, you could always try baking soda powder...
By Steve
Pop rocks that keep your drink cold and add bubbles - that would be cool! ;-D

Don't put those in whisky, though...
By Maui Dreamer
My ex-housemates had a gadget that did the trick. It was a kind of pump device that had two sections. There was a plastic bottle top and then a pump piece that fit down over the bottle top. You pumped it to pull air out of the bottle, so drinks didn't go flat. We used in on fizzy drinks, and on bottles of wine as well. The unit came with 4 or 5 different tops, and it worked quite well. It didn't put fizz back in flat drinks, but it sure kept them fizzy a lot longer.
By Guest
The seltzer bottle mentioned earlier is no joke. My parents had one. It's a bottle with an attachment for a CO2 cartridge. After you fill the bottle with your favorite drink you screw on the special top and insert a cartridge that injects CO2 to carbonate it. Then you press the lever on top and your drink comes fizzing out. You can probably get one in a department store.
By duh
throw away your old 2L of pop shortly before ordering your pizza, and go to the store and buy a new 2L of pop and wala!
By palema
If you buy your soda in glass bottles, they are recyclable AND they stay carbonated longer.
I order soda by the case, delivered by a local bottler every two weeks, and we specify long-neck bottles because they hold the fizz far better.
By Michael D. Grissom
Beer brewing supply stores have what you need to carbonate or re-carbonate. Some even have what it takes to make your own coke or rootbeer.

My beer brewing supplier even has surplus 5 gal. stainless steel CokaCola carbonators for about $30 ~ $50 depending on condition.

BTW, if you make your own Coke, don't forget to add the Everclear!
;-)
By TheTrekhippy
[quote="Anonymous"]My ex-housemates had a gadget that did the trick. It was a kind of pump device that had two sections. There was a plastic bottle top and then a pump piece that fit down over the bottle top. You pumped it to pull air out of the bottle, so drinks didn't go flat. We used in on fizzy drinks, and on bottles of wine as well. The unit came with 4 or 5 different tops, and it worked quite well. It didn't put fizz back in flat drinks, but it sure kept them fizzy a lot longer.[/quote]

I've heard of that here in Iowa, USA. It was called a Fizzkeeper. They had a website too. I loved it, but it stopped holding air. Gotta get a new one. They only cost a few bucks.

Also, if you put dry ice in and let it Completely Evaporate (NO LID, or loose at least) that might carbonate your beverage. Hubbard Ice has dry ice, in our are. Google search it for your area. Be careful to always use ice tongs or some gloves to protect your hands. Never let Dry Ice come in direct contact with your skin.
UPDATE: I finally filed the US patent draft for my "Self-closing Self-resealing Conical Aperture Aluminum Beverage Can-end" (Title of patent application). It is tab-less and uses less aluminum than the ones currently in use. This will keep the fizz in the can. It took a very long time to get funding on this one but, I have it now! ;D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]