The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By NumboJumbo
Add on an optional very small amount of money to Hotel bills. Money would accrue and then be donated to homeless charities to help the homeless in a town/city. Temporary homeless people (hotel customers) would thus help permanently homeless people.

Placecards would be placed on hotel beds explaining that a voluntary contribution of 50p or smaller would be added to their billl at the end of their stay. A similar notice would be placed at Reception. Each notice would have to be in several languages to cater to the international market that visits the UK. The voluntary contribution would go to local or national homeless charities. The amount of voluntary contribution needs to be small because non-local people would be contributing to the scheme. The smaller the amount, the less ther're going to mind having it tacked onto the bill. The placecards would be sponsored by local firms, who would be allowed to have their adverts on these cards. Taxi companies and restaurants would certainly be a prime source of sponsorship.

Monies raised by this scheme would be collected by a local organiser who would also recruit hotels into the scheme. The organiser would also contact the local media with a view to getting an article written up about the hotel and what part it is playing in helping the homeless issue within the town. I see this scheme being run throughout the whole year.

For me, everybody wins. Hotels get a good 'social responsibilty' rating and free advertising through the newspaper article. Hotel customers feel they are contributing to society. Sponsors get their brand name across on the placecards and a good 'social responsibilty' rating. But most importantly of all, the homeless get help to build a better life. I see it as a scheme where those people who are without a home or shelter in a city are helped by those who are similarly without a home in a city, but who nevertheless can afford a temporary shelter ie. a hotel bed.
By parhat
It would be easier to just post a sign: 50% of the tips goes to the homeless. VIP homeless status is assigned in the computer, in case the customers suddenly becomes homeless in the future. The other 50% of the tips goes to the hotel's own employees in case THEY become homeless 10 or 20 years from now.
By S13240
It would be even easier to just impliment a poor tax. Take one dollar from each persons pay cheque each month as if it was income tax. If you make more than say 50, 000 a year take 5 dollars a month. It is such a small amount, but one dollar multiplied by how many people who work in a country adds up real fast. ALL PROFITS go to the homeless.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]